Monday, January 28, 2013

Clean Water is a Human Right

This post will have nothing humorous in it.  No witticisms or funny anecdotes.  This post contains nothing more than the plea of this mother for you to help her honor the life of her only son's birthmother who died because she did not have access to clean water in Ethiopia. 

This is my son's birth mom (Etenesh) and his maternal grandfather (Ermias):


Etenesh died in the fall of 2012 from Amoebiasis, a condition caused by living in unsanitary conditions and drinking contaminated water.  She was only in her mid-20s.  To read my entire letter about how this has impacted my view of the world, please read my story here: I Am Not The Babysitter.

This woman gave me THIS incredible gift when she placed her only son up for adoption so that he could have the chance of life with his "forever family":


And now I ask you to help me honor this woman while literally saving thousands of lives by donating to Project-Ethiopia, the fundraising effort that WILL bring a clean water filtration system to the village of my son's birth family. 

Clean water is not a privilege.  It is a human right.  Together we can fix this.  We can make an actual difference.  So let's do this.  And please share this post with your friends and family. 

1 comment: